Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: my first super 8 film

  1. #1
    emmettu2
    Guest emmettu2's Avatar

    Post

    Hi,

    I just bought the only super 8 film I could find for the super 8 camera I recently bough. It's a Kodachrome 40. The guy in the shop said it can only be used indoors. Is this right? Does anybody know how long this film can record for? Was it a mistake to buy this kind of film? (It's the only one I could find in this city).

    And finally, where do I send it to get it processed? I live in Ireland so I'll probably have to send it to somewhere in Britain. Any idea how long it usually takes to be processed? Thanks.

    Emmett

    ------------------

  2. #2
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Hey! Kodachrome K40 can be used indoors or outdoors, but you need to use a UV filter if shooting outdoors. What kind of camera do you have? Many cameras have this filter built in to them and you can turn them on or off. If I remember correctly at 24 fps it records for ~ 2.5 minutes and at 18fps ~3.2 minutes.

    As for processing, your best bet is probably to order pk-59 mailers which are prepaid mailers, you just order the mailer send your film in and get them back. See the link below, but know that there is something like a $5 USD minimum on delivery so it is best to buy at least a few at a time.

    Hope this helps,
    Scott
    http://www04.bhphotovide o.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist _html___28267___KOPK59___REG___CatID=364___SID=EB7 A5B31C60

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by ulrichsd (edited January 07, 2002).]

  3. #3
    emmettu2
    Guest emmettu2's Avatar

    Post

    hi, thanks for replying.

    the camera is a Revue Cockpit S/8. i don't have a clue what kind of filtering there is, there wasn't a manual when i bought it 2nd hand.

    thanks again.

    emmett

    ------------------

  4. #4
    emmettu2
    Guest emmettu2's Avatar

    Post

    hi, thanks for replying.

    the camera is a Revue Cockpit S/8. i don't have a clue what kind of filtering there is, there wasn't a manual when i bought it 2nd hand.

    thanks again.

    emmett

    ------------------

  5. #5
    emmettu2
    Guest emmettu2's Avatar

    Post

    hi, thanks for replying.

    the camera is a Revue Cockpit S/8. i don't have a clue what kind of filtering there is, there wasn't a manual when i bought it 2nd hand.

    thanks again.

    emmett

    ------------------

  6. #6
    emmettu2
    Guest emmettu2's Avatar

    Post

    hi, thanks for replying.

    the camera is a Revue Cockpit S/8. i don't have a clue what kind of filtering there is, there wasn't a manual when i bought it 2nd hand.

    thanks again.

    emmett

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •